[Koha] delete inventory of one library

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jan 28 10:07:02 NZDT 2011

Apologies if this email comes through twice.

On 28 January 2011 08:20, Rachel Hollis
<Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu> wrote:
> Thank you Chris! You can be sure I'll back up the DB! :-)
>
> So my first step is to make sure that all items in the library to be
> removed have an available status, correct?

Correct

> The library to be removed shares a Home Library but does have a
> separate Shelving Location. (Good thing too because I've noticed that
> there are items that have different Home Libraries but with the same
> Shelving Location and these also need to be removed.) Would the query
> look like
> SELECT barcode FROM items WHERE items.location='location to be
> removed' INTO OUTFILE '/tmp/barcodes';

That would do it.

You could find the ones on issue too, to help return them all quickly

SELECT barcode FROM items,issues WHERE
items.itemnumber=issues.itemnumber AND items.location='location';

That will give you a list of barcodes of items on issue.

> What I really like about this project is that only the barcodes for
> the one location will be deleted leaving other items on a shared
> biblio, sweet! Another awesome thing is that the library/location to
> be removed has not used Acquisitions or Serials.

Easy peasy then.

> I've been asked why we are deleting a library and its inventory. The
> library will be using another automation system; I wish them luck with
> their project.

Ahh thats a shame, but nonetheless good luck to them, I hope its
another open source system, its always sad to see people pay to lose
their freedom.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack