[Koha] Importing records preserving the system number

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Jan 26 23:39:12 NZDT 2011

Hi Stefano,
We have thought about this for some of our customer requirements but
have (quickly) concluded that using the biblionumber (and
biblioitemnumber) in koha is not the way to achieve this linking.

If you have a number that has significance to you and your data then put
that into the 001 control number field (Marc21).  You can link to that
from 77x just as easily as with biblionumber.

If you try to use biblionumber for these links and you reload your data
then all the numbers will be wrong.

The search for contents of the 001 field (say 12345) would be:

Control-number:12345

I hope this helps.

Ian