[Koha] Koha - KohaCon Bids

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jan 26 06:52:14 NZDT 2011

* Linda Culberson (lculber at mdah.state.ms.us) wrote:
>   I have been planning to save up for the year in hopes of attending
> KohaCon and would be happy to go to Pakistan, India or Nepal. (There is
> no way that my expenses can come from anywhere except my own pocket.)
> However, I am concerned about having it in any country where other
> participants from other country may not be able to attend.  Looking at
> the three sites that are now under consideration, it appears to me that
> those from Pakistan would have difficulty traveling to India and vice
> versa.  Can someone from the area tell me whether everyone  can get to
> Nepal?

Hi Linda

Just to clarify, the Pakistan bid has been withdrawn in favour of Nepal.
So the three sites are the UK, India or Nepal

Obviously the UK would allow for participants to attend, with a minimal
amount of hassle. (It is international travel afterall, it's all
going to be hassle anywhere). And from what I
understand, the visa restrictions that make travel to Pakistan from
India (and vice versa) are not in place for Nepal.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.