[Koha] Tech consultants worried about the security of a windows server network if linux server with Koha is introduced. . .

Brian Thomas brian.luke.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:15:50 NZDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for sysadmins who are running Koha on a Debian Linux server on a
network that also runs a windows mail server and a mac server.  The tech
consultants who run our high school's network are fearful that adding a
linux server would pose a security risk.  Everything that I have read
praises linux security on its own but I haven't found resources that discuss
security threats between servers.  I'll also be posting my question on linux
listservs but I wanted to make contact with any sysadmin/librarians who have
a network environment closest to our own.

If anyone knows of any good websites or books on linux security especially
in mixed server environments I would be very grateful.

Thanks Koha community!