[Koha] Circulation problem

Seth Mayo smayo at stpeters.nsw.edu.au
Tue Jan 25 14:20:00 NZDT 2011

We've just installed a new 3.2.2 installation of Koha in our library.  Calyx
in Sydney Australia has helped us import data from our old system and all
the data seems quite sound and accurate barring a few adjustments which were
expected.  However I have a strange problem that I'm hoping there is an easy
and quick answer to...

If looking up a book in any search box (backend or frontend) by barcode, the
system will successfully retrieve it.  However when you go to checkout a
book, you find a patron - this works, then you are asked to scan the barcode
to loan the item out.  When we do this, we get "Barcode was not found".  So
we know the data is fine because we can search otherwise for the barcodes,
but scanning them into the checkout doesn't work.  I've looked at what the
barcode reader is doing and found it to be scanning the barcode correctly.
I also tried copying and pasting the barcode form the OPAC into the checkout
box in case there is some data problem there but this still returns nothing.

Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated!  We have students
returning Thursday and, while other features can be worked through slowly,
this one is sort of critical as we all know!

Many thanks,

Seth Mayo
IT Technical Manager
Email:  smayo at stpeters.nsw.edu.au