[Koha] Koha - migration of history

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Jan 25 04:56:21 NZDT 2011

  Everyone,
So far I've figured out how to migrate the records, the patrons, and the
circulation history from our current records into Koha. Now I'm looking
into if/how to migrate a least part of the cataloging history.  After
discussions here, it sounds as if what we would most like to maintain,
if possible,  is the name of the original cataloger who added the record
(most of our records are original cataloging) and the cataloger who last
modified the record, with dates.  Before I get too deep into this, I was
wondering if anyone else has attempted this or something similar and/or
what insights the someone might could give me on the feasibility of
doing such a thing. I've looked at the |action_logs table and it appears
doable to me, I just don't know if it's advisable.|

Thanks in advance.

Linda Culberson			lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives&  History