[Koha] About KohaCon 2011 - ideas & thoughs

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Jan 25 02:04:15 NZDT 2011

Hello world,

I don't know for others, but travelling the world to go at the
conference is a big investment.
Having 3 days for the "user" part of the conference is enough.
In 2006, in France, for the 1st KohaCon, that I organized, we had a full
week for the developers. In 2009 we had only 3 days, same in 2010.

I definetly think it was too short to have only 3 days for the developer
part of the conference. We have to deal with teaching new developers how
to get involved, experienced devs want to hack, some want to share ideas
for the future.
So I suggest to have more than just 3 days for the hack-fest. A full
week may seems long, but I think it's the good timing !

It does not mean a decision must be taken immediatly, but I think the
poll should reflect how possible it is to have more time.

PS : and the idea to have a day off between conf & hack fest is
definetly a good one !!!

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com