[Koha] Server Specs

Reed Wade reedwade at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:29:19 NZDT 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 5:45 AM, Joy <joy.nelson1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am working for a company interested in using Koha.
> I am trying to find information on server specs for them.
> I know this depends on collection size, patrons, etc.
>
> Is there a place where I can find some guidelines
> for server size/configuration?

Gear changes pretty quickly so specifics are going to be incorrect as fast.

Koha isn't very demanding in terms of CPU or disk but there is a
database and a search service and so having a good amount of memory is
always nice.

I'm assuming that for a company library you won't be seeing a lot of
traffic so the main interest is for it to perform nicely under low
load.

Without getting too precise, it can work well on pretty low end gear
but more can be better. If you're buying new then midrange or budget
conscious is probably safe.

-reed