[Koha] Conference bids?

Muhammad Shafiq cyberarianpk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:29:55 NZDT 2011

Dear All,

I appreciate and second the idea of Mr. Ata to organize the KohaCon 2011 or
2012 at Islamabad, Pakistan. Now a days there is a live moment to promote
the FOSS in Pakistan and South Asia. The role of LISolutions is very
prominent in this regard.
**
My regards
**
*MUHAMMAD SHAFIQ RANA
*www.pulisaa.org.pk
www.shafiqpk.blogspot.com
 Mobile: +92-333-521 61 65

2011/1/20 Ata ur Rehman <ata.rehman at gmail.com>

> Dear All
>
> On behalf of LISolutions Trust (http://lisolutions.org/), We offer our
> services to host KohaCon 2011 or 2012 at Islamabad, Pakistan.  The core
> objective of LISolutions is to promote Open Source Movement.  We are member,
> National Node and Vice Chair of Digital Library Network for South Asia
> -DelnetSA (http://lisolutions.org/delnetsa/), that is working for
> promotion of GSDL and Koha in South Asia
>

> Adoption of Free and Open Source Software in Pakistan is in initial stages
> but this movement is getting popularity day by day.
>
> It will be our pleasure to host the developers and users of Koha from all
> over the world.
>
> Regards,
>
>  Ata ur Rehman
> ------------------------------
>   AM Library,
> National Centre for Physics(NCP),
> Islamabad
> http://www.ncp.edu.pk/
> http://www.ncplib.co.cc/ Coordinator,
> LISolutions®
> info at lisolutions.org
> http://www.lisolutions.org
> My profiles: [image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/ataurrehman> [image:
> LinkedIn] <http://pk.linkedin.com/in/ataurrehman> [image: Flickr]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisolutions/> [image:
> Twitter] <http://twitter.com/ataurrehman> [image: Blogger]<http://www.lisolutions.net/> [image:
> Delicious] <http://www.delicious.com/ataurrehman> [image: Picasa]<http://picasaweb.google.com/ata.rehman/>
> Contact me: [image: Google Talk/] ata.rehman [image: MSN/]
> ata.rehman at gmail.com
>

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:17 AM, M. Brooke Helman <
> abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Salvete!
>>
>>       Surely, surely there are folks out there that these magic pixels
>> will
>> reach that harbour a burning passion to host a Koha Conference. Step up
>> and
>> declare your intent, please. The clock is ticking if we really do want an
>> annual
>> Conference. Toss your hat in the ring. After all
>>
>> "How hard could it be?"
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brooke

Thanking you,

*MUHAMMAD SHAFIQ*
*Deputy Director,
International Affairs, Communication & Coordination,*
*Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan
M-Floor, NIC Building, 63-Jinnah Avenue, Islamabad
Tel: 92-51-920 70 91-94  xt. 190 Fax: 92-51-920 60 15
Mobile: 92-333-521 61 65
**www.shafiqpk.blogspot.com* <http://www.shafiqpk.blogspot.com/>*
*
*
President, PULISAA,
President, PLC (IC)
*
*Professional Member ACM, USA
Member Special Libraries Association, USA
Member Global Alliance for ICT and Development
Life Member Pakistan Library Association (FB), PK
Professional Member Human Resource Development Network
SLA B&F Div. International Travel Awardee 2006, USA
ASIST InfoShare Membership Awardee 2007-2008, USA
Alumnae U. S. International Visitor Leadership Program 2007 *