[Koha] Z39.5 error

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jan 14 04:42:04 NZDT 2011

mus wrote:
> my koha version is 2.29 [...] problem with z.39.5 searching [...]
> suggest that the problem is coming from KOHA script that maybe doing telnet
> to the z39.5 servers too frequently that caused KOHA IP address was blocked
> for a while, he also stated that the traffic from KOHA server is too high
> reaching 12 TB eventhough there is not so many staff use it. It is right
> about it? I would like to ask for your opinion and help about this problem.

The co-op had something similar happen at one library with a koha 2.0.
I think we cured it by clearing the z3950queue table, restarting
everything, begging the z39.50 server admin to unblock us and then
testing very carefully and making sure our koha wasn't making tons of
failing requests any more.

The z39.50 searching in koha 3.0 and higher is much better.

Hope that helps,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha