[Koha] Multi Volume Set

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Jan 14 02:31:44 NZDT 2011

> However, for a recently published (and complete) set of encyclopedias,
> I would think the simplest option would be to catalogue the set in one
> biblio.  The ISBN field (020 in MARC21) is repeatable.

This is how we usually handle it, but there are drawbacks if you want
people to be able to put a hold on a specific volume. Currently
item-level holds can be enabled or disabled globally. If you choose to
disable them, you patrons won't have a way of requesting a specific
volume of your set.

We have item-level holds turned off because we want the hold process
to be as simple as possible, but it does cause problems when someone
wants to hold a particular item.  I know some folks have some
developments in the works to help this situation, so I'm looking
forward to seeing them.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer