[Koha] Notices ~ Adding Cost to Overdue Notice

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jan 7 14:11:11 NZDT 2011

* Chris Mueller (catsalsa at gmail.com) wrote:
>    For our Books by Mail Koha implementation we would like to use the 3rd
>    overdue notice as a bill.
>
>    If anyone has added the replacement price value to an overdue notice
>    please share how you did so.
>
>    Thanks! Chris

Hi Chris

Good choice of a name there ;)

The good news is, you can tell the overdue_notices.pl script what
variables you want to make available to the templates like this

(From a crontab entry)
# OVERDUE NOTICES
0    1 * * *  $KOHA_CRON_PATH/overdue_notices.pl -t -itemscontent "date_due,title,barcode,author,replacementprice"

Then in the notices part of Koha you have something like this

This is an invoice for the replacement cost of the items you borrowed
from the library and have not returned:

<<items.content>>

In the appropriate notices template (probably INV).

Hope this helps

Another Chris

--
Chris Cormack