[Koha] remove catalog records...how?

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Tue Jan 4 23:17:43 NZDT 2011

On 3 January 2011 01:04, havergara <havergara at hotmail.com> wrote:

> how do i remove catalog record in KOHA...my instructor says catalog records
> should not be removed because the accession number is continuous...thus
> every library catalogs should be documented or tagged as condemned or
> whatever it is called...

I guess that might be a question of local policy - because it makes it
easier to keep track of what the library has owned in the past.

However, Koha makes it possible to delete records. When you look at
the details of a record, e.g.:
http://example.com:8080/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=1
you can click on Edit > Delete Record.

If the record has items associated with it yuo need to do Edit >
Delete all items before you can do Edit > Delete Record.

Regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no