[Koha] Problem with prediction pattern in Serials

Peel Lisa lisa.peel at ritz.edu
Tue Jan 4 03:09:28 NZDT 2011

Hello

And a belated Happy New Year !

I have a very small problem but one which I cannot find an easy resolution for. I set up most of our serials at the end of last year -several of my serials should now roll over into the next year or volume number (for example, vol 194, no 1 or 2011/1). However, though they are rolling back to number 1 they are not rolling forward by 1 as far as the volume number and/or year is concerned.

One example is the pattern for a serial using the year/number pattern
Everything looks fine on the predication pattern  - when I go into the advanced pattern for X (volume or year) the pattern is:
Add       1
Once every 12
When more than 9999999
Inner counter 2
Set back to 0
Last value 2010

Should the fact that the first issues checked in was actually 2010/10 have an impact? I am wondering if the 'once every' does not mean issue number (Y) but the actual number of issues which have to be checked in. If this is the case, would I then have to edit the pattern again as I would have to set it to 2 to get it to roll over to 2011, and then change it back to 12 so it would not go to 2012 in March!

Golly, I hope this makes some sense to someone! Any help would be really appreciated!

Regards

Lisa

Lisa Peel
Librarian
César Ritz Colleges Switzerland
1897 Le Bouveret - Switzerland
Tel: +41 24 482 82 82 Fax: +41 24 482 82 80
E-mail: lisa.peel at ritz.edu<mailto:hortense.hofer at ritz.edu>
http://www.ritz.edu<http://www.ritz.edu/> - http://www.culinaryarts.ch<http://www.culinaryarts.ch/>
25 Year "César Ritz" Colleges Switzerland