[Koha] Koha 3.2.5 is now available

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Fri Feb 25 21:05:54 NZDT 2011

On 25 February 2011 09:00,  <hansbkk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is it safe to just update from 3.2.3 with an existing database?
>>
>> If so, is that generally safe with point releases at that third level
>> (3.2.6 through 2.2.9 but perhaps not 3.3?)
>>
>> Does everything just automagically work while the system is in use, or
>> does Apache or something need to be restarted, or is there an
>> upgrade-data script that needs to be run?

> Sorry I didn't specifically state my questions are regarding updating
> automatically via the Debian package management system, not the
> traditional, more manual methods, whatever those might be. . .

That would be this, from INSTALL.debian
(http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.debian;hb=HEAD):

UPGRADE
=======
If you are upgrading from a previous installation of Koha 3, you can
use the following:

 ./koha_perl_deps.pl -u -m # to identify new Perl dependencies
 perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /path/to/koha-install-log
 make
 make test
 sudo make upgrade

After you have done that you should immediately go to your Intranet
and if there are required changes to the database you will be prompted
to login and and the web installer will do the updates for you. The
OPAC will display a "this system is under maintenance" type message
until you have done that.

I imagine that last bit would work much the same way with the
packages, although I haven't had much time to play with them yet...

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no