[Koha] Cataloguing films - online IMDB-to-MARC converter!

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:26:20 NZDT 2011

This isn't much of a contribution, but might help someone

I found a cool tool for helping to catalog films - and no complex
APIs, you just look up the film in IMDB and plug in their index
number, copy and paste to MarcEdit.

http://amazon.libcat.org/cgi-bin/imdb2marc.pl

Feedback welcome - I'd hate to use this for our 4000 titles and then
find out it's doing something seriously wrong 8-)

I'm trying to come up with a workflow that would combine this with a
more traditional source - is there a way to have a partial complete
record - say in the reservoir? and then do a z3950 lookup and be able
to choose which fields get imported, selectively overwrite without too
much manual cut-and-pasting?

And can anyone recommend a Z3950 source for MARC21 with well
thought-out subject headings for films?