[Koha] 3.2.3 Debian packaging

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 06:03:49 NZDT 2011

Working from a clean Debian6 install, I wasn't able to get
koha-common's script to work (probably my fault, more on that later
after some more noodling around if I can't get it to work), so I
aptitude purge'd it and then aptitude install'd the plain koha
package.

That worked fine, so I thought I'd go back and try again with the
koha-common script, but this time I noticed there was all kind of
kruft left over after the purge.

I'll probably start over again with a fresh OS install, but I thought
I'd put it out here - my understanding is that an aptitude PURGE is
supposed to get rid of all data, config files, logs etc, basically a
best effort to return the system to the way it was, especially if
nothing else was added between the install, attempted configure and
then the purge.

As opposed to REMOVE which is supposed to delete all the binaries but
leave the config files.

I imagine this is an issue for the person responsible for the
packaging, if s/he doesn't hang out here, could someone please forward
this? I don't feel I've tested it thoroughly enough to file a bug. . .