[Koha] Basics of report writing

James Ghiorzi JGhiorzi at lib.co.san-benito.ca.us
Fri Feb 11 03:27:48 NZDT 2011

Hi Jim,

There is a manual for Koha http://koha-community.org/documentation/  Koha does offer some online help that is dependant to the screen your on.  Getting to the reporting of Koha is extremely easy,  although you do need an account that has permissions to run reports, otherwise the option will not appear.  There is a Koha report wiki at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library  these will tell you the different terms and syntax of reports (it uses SQL).  As far as damage I am pretty sure writing/running/creating/editing a report your just querying the database so I don't think its possible to damage the database.

Hope that helps.

James Ghiorzi
Library Assistant II
San Benito County Free Library