[Koha] Allowing holds across libraries

Peel Lisa lisa.peel at ritz.edu
Fri Feb 11 02:28:22 NZDT 2011

Hello again !

We have two campuses and I need to set up holds so that patrons from either library can place holds on items which are held at the other - these items can be checked out or available. (We previously had holds set so borrowers could only place holds on items at their library which were checked out)

I have changed the most obvious system parameters but still when I try to place a hold on an item from the other library I get the 'Cannot place hold' message. What am I missing?

I have:
AllowOnShelfHolds set to ON
Canreservefromotherbranches set to ON
IndependentBranches set to ON

Regards

Lisa

Lisa Peel
Librarian
César Ritz Colleges Switzerland
1897 Le Bouveret - Switzerland
Tel: +41 24 482 82 82 Fax: +41 24 482 82 80
E-mail: lisa.peel at ritz.edu<mailto:hortense.hofer at ritz.edu>
http://www.ritz.edu<http://www.ritz.edu/> - http://www.culinaryarts.ch<http://www.culinaryarts.ch/>
25 Year "César Ritz" Colleges Switzerland