[Koha] Importing records preserving the system number

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Feb 1 04:27:50 NZDT 2011

Hi Elaine,
The framework can be adjusted to use (eg) Control-number as the link to
"Other Item Identifier":

775 Subfield Structure › Edit subfields constraints (subfield o)
Advanced constraints, Link.

I'm not sure of the reason for the "Warning: This value should not
change after data has been added to your catalog".

At one point I think the link only worked from the staff interface in
the MARC view (for the fields we were using) but there is a need to be
able to link between these items in the OPAC. Hopefully some of the
analytic work will help this.

We also have customers who would like an automatically-allocated,
increasing, unique number for such as control number.

It would be interesting to see if others have a need (or indeed a
solution) to these.

All the best.
Ian