[Koha] When importing records, question about matching rule

Ann-Marie Breaux ABreaux at ybp.com
Sat Dec 24 09:03:48 NZDT 2011

Hi David,

I don't know how to fix it, but I do know that you can't change an
ISBN-10 into an ISBN-13 just by adding 978 in front of it. The check
digit at the end of the ISBN changes as well.

There are various converter programs on the web, which take into account
the check digit change as well. The easiest is at
http://www.isbn.org/converterpub.asp, but if you need the actual
calculations behind the conversion, you'll need to do some research.

Hope this helps at least a bit,

Ann-Marie Breaux

YBP Library Services