[Koha] Export from Biblio data base to Koha (was Re: Koha Digest, Vol 74, Issue 36)

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Tue Dec 20 13:19:05 NZDT 2011

On 20/12/11 10:50, Joel Buleka wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can you put me through your support reps.
>
> I need help on how to export data from Biblio database to Koha Library
> System.
>
> Thanks and regards.
Hi Joel,
Welcome to Koha.

Basically you need to prepare your biblio file as a marc (.mrc) file for
import to Koha.  The main trick is that Koha stores item (holdings)
records in marc tag 952.  Information about the fields expected by Koha
can be found at the koha to marc mapping link on the Administration page
of Koha.  A tool such as Marc Edit can help you to prepare the data.

If you have a particular question, you can ask it on this list and you
may get help.

There is also commercial support available for Koha, including for data
migration.  A list of support companies is here:
http://koha-community.org/support/paid-support/

Best wishes for your migration.
Bob Birchall
Calyx