[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 74, Issue 25

Randall Rowe r.rowe at lincolnlibraries.org
Fri Dec 16 00:23:31 NZDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
 From: "Indranil Das Gupta" <indradg at gmail.com>
 Sent 12/15/2011 2:14:19 AM
 To: "Thippeswamy G.N" <thippesh at gmit.info>
 Cc: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
 Subject: Re: [Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 74, Issue 25

 Hi,

2011/12/15 Thippeswamy G.N <thippesh at gmit.info>

Sir,

How can i take dataBack and restore the database.

Even I took Data Backup from PHPmyAdmin, but when i try to restore that, it showing the Back file is too big, because through PHPMYADMIN we can restore max(2MB) file. Please give me the proper solution for this.

Thank you

 <snipped>

 You are obviously new to the mailing list etiquette and culture and specifically to the Koha maling list, so here are a couple of pointers to help you get started.

 1. Please snip your posts / replies of unnecessary quotes.

 2. We are not a sexist, solely male-dominated community, so a "Sir"-addressed mail may not get you all the help you are looking for.

 However, since you asked, try saving the db dump file as a BZipped file (it will get you better compression, Zip is known to break) and then try to restore from the .bz2 file. I'm assuming that you are dumping a .sql file

 hope that helps
 -idg

   --
 Indranil Das Gupta

 Phone : +91-98300-20971
 Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
 IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
 Twitter : indradg

 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 Please exchange editable Office documents only in ODF Format. No other
 format is acceptable. Support Open Standards.

 For a free editor supporting ODF, please visit LibreOffice - http://www.documentfoundation.org

 Actually your best bet would be to edit your php.ini file and look for the following setting

 ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
 ; http://php.net/upload-max-filesize
 upload_max_filesize = 2M

 Change that to the file size that you need and restart Apache.

 Randy Rowe
 Lincoln City Libraries I.T.