[Koha] Well, this is disappointing ...

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 01:12:03 NZDT 2011

Salvete!

>I'm with you Gary. I think this is a great opportunity for the LIS students and hope that they are indeed learning about library systems. And it is great that Liblime is supporting the students this way.  I just hope they aren't getting instruction in how to be a part of an open source community from Liblime too!
>

>As I tweeted....I'd rather be the one doing the Open Source instruction for these students than Liblime!

    This is not a new development; LibLime was doing this for years, it started under Josh. It might have been far enough back that it was before the fork, too.

    That said, I'm surprised that Simmons would decide to go with this over actual Koha. The folks at that GSLIS could foster a natural partnership with MassCat, so that part raises an eyebrow.

Cheers,
Brooke