[Koha] Improving permissions on lists (virtual shelves)

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Dec 6 03:38:55 NZDT 2011

On 6 December 2011 02:52, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
>> 1  Do not allow to create a public list in the OPAC. (Only private lists.)  Public lists are only created by staff
>> users in the staff client.
>
> If it were just me I would agree with this. However I think Nicole's
> suggestion for options here is a more robust solution.

I have to agree strongly with Nicole, this needs to be a system
preference. We have to remember Koha is used by all types of libraries
including specials and corporates.

In a lot of corporate libraries the OPAC is only accessible on their
intranet, and public lists are used by people working in teams to
create bibliographies. We would be removing a well utilised feature if
we simply turned this off.

So having a preference that would allow them to continue to function
in the way they already do, or be moderated, or simply be disallowed
is the best solution.

Chris