[Koha] How do you handle "Claimed Returns"?

James Ghiorzi JGhiorzi at lib.co.san-benito.ca.us
Thu Dec 1 12:25:06 NZDT 2011

Maybe a work around would be instead of listing the item as lost on the patron account, input it as a manual invoice (Fine) and use the note/description fields you will have to put a value if you want to produce some kind of notation on the "attention" section of the checkout screen.  Then in the actual item status mark it as lost, so won't display on the catalog, folks can't put a hold on it, etc.  Than if it magically appears again than just checking it will remove the lost status, it will not credit anybody.

Respectfully,

James Ghiorzi
Library Assistant II
San Benito County Free Library