[Koha] Koha - cataloging statistics

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed Aug 24 05:23:43 NZST 2011

All,
We are required to keep detailed cataloging statistics for performance
standards reporting.  So I have cataloging logging turned on, even
though it is not recommended. I've written php scripts that query by a
range of dates to return the number of biblios added, biblios modified,
and items added by each cataloger.  My problem is with item
modification, since Koha seems to mark an item as modified in the
action_logs in the cataloguing module when it is simply checked in and
out.  I have modified my queries to filter those out (I think), but was
wondering if anyone else has a similar requirement and has already come
up with a better solution.

Thanks!
Linda Culberson      lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
P. O. Box 571
Jackson, MS 39205-0571
Telephone:  601/576-6873   Fax:  601/576-6824