[Koha] Migration from 2.2.5 to 3.4 - call numbers and item update

Peter Thompson pthompson at britafe.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 22 17:40:54 NZST 2011

Thanks to Everyone who replied - the system is now coming together . I upgraded to 3.00 and imported the database, and followed the processes outlined in the  http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Upgrading_2.2 document.

I have two remaining issues:

In the Mysql database (prior to running any scripts etc), the call numbers seemed to be in the 082 field, judging by the contents of the `tag` and `subfieldvalue`  fields of the `marc_subfield_tag'  file,  not in the `itemcallnumber` field of the `items` file.

After running the process detailed in the upgrade document, the call numbers dont' appear in the catalogue. They seem to have been moved to a file ' temp_upg_biblioitems_call_num.

Any advice on how I can get these call numbers indexed properly?

Also, when I try to add an item, the process fails with an error. In the error log, it refers to the record wrapper missing at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/MARC/file/XML.pm.

Thanks again,

Peter Thompson

Whenever I add an item
Peter Thompson
Database Administrator
Information Technology & Communications Unit