[Koha] Koha Installation on Ubuntu 11

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 02:00:24 NZST 2011

Deepak

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 7:01 AM, deepak.bhatia
<deepak.bhatia at nechclst.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1.      When I install the Ubuntu 11, then I create a user by my name “deepak”
> 2.      Then I login as deepak and set the password for root using “sudo passwd
> root”
> 3.      Then create a koha user while logged in as deepak, using the command
> “adduser koha”
> 4.      Then I do “sudo users-admin” and give administer rights to koha
> 5.      Then I logout and login using koha
> 6.      Then I follow the steps after that as suggested by you in your PDF.
>
> Then when I run $sudo cpan HTTP::OAI, this fails (But earlier sudo commands
> had worked, like sudo apt-get update, sudo dselect)

It is not enough to tell us that

$sudo cpan HTTP::OAI

fails. You need to tell us *how* does it fail. Most likely a CPAN
problem downloading packages? Please, provide us with more details,
perhaps a message the command throws to your shell output.

Regards
To+