[Koha] Koha installation on Debian/Ubuntu

Deepak Bhatia deepak.bhatia at nechclst.in
Thu Aug 18 21:16:44 NZST 2011

Hi Dibyendra,

I will explain what I am doing

1.       When I install the Ubuntu 11, then I create a user by my name “deepak”

2.       Then I login as deepak and set the password for root using “sudo passwd root”

3.       Then create a koha user while logged in as deepak, using the command “adduser koha”

4.       Then I do “sudo users-admin” and give administer rights to koha

5.       Then I logout and login using koha

6.       Then I follow the steps after that as suggested by you in your PDF.

Then when I run $sudo cpan HTTP::OAI, this fails (But earlier sudo commands had worked, like sudo apt-get update, sudo dselect)

Please let me know if I am doing correctly.

Regards

Deepak Bhatia