[Koha] Kohacon11 : Last date of paper submission extended till August 30 2011

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Aug 17 11:37:54 NZST 2011

Joann Ransom schreef op wo 17-08-2011 om 08:58 [+1200]:
> I have booked a week of annualleave immediately prior to KohaCon11 to
> get it done but even then was hoping to produce just written notes and
> a powerpoint.

I have to agree with this. For an academic thing, I'd have research done
and papers written long before. However, for a less formal conference,
like Kohacon, it tends to only really take form in the month previous,
and I'm usually chopping and changing content right up to the day
before. And certainly not writing a full paper for it.

Or, perhaps more realistically, writing slides on the plane over, where
I can see the deadline approaching at 900kph ;)

It's not a bad idea to collect slides and other resources when you can,
and putting them up online somewhere though.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.