[Koha] Using RFID with Koha

Dobrica Pavlinušić dpavlin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:14:16 NZST 2011

2011/7/22 Prajeesh <prajeeshb77 at gmail.com>:
> Exactly we would like to implement RFID in our library with Koha.
> Anyone is using Koha with RFID, any problems occurred during the
> implementation.

We are using 3M RFID hardware. Selfcheck stations have SIP support and
that works fine.

> Any additional software needed. Is it possible to create RFID tag using
> Koha.

I'm assuming you want to program RFID sticker tags which you want to
glue on books.

For that we are currently using slight modification to Koha which
includes barcode in title of window and small program which captures
that and triggers 3M program on Windows workstations.

However, since initial implementation, I implemented pure-perl driver
for our RFID reader (and several others) available at:

https://github.com/dpavlin/Biblio-RFID

which we use to program student's RFID cards (which are same standard
as book stickers).

It also includes proof-of-concept implementation of Koha integration
using nothing more than single javascript include (since driver itself
is pure-perl HTTP server and browser can contact it directly).

This code is not production quality yet (mostly because I didn't do
any testing on Windows which would be our deployment platform).

Which RFID hardware does your library have?

--
 ...2share!2flame... http://blog.rot13.org