[Koha] Koha shows error on adding an item

Swaprava Nath swaprava at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:33:06 NZST 2011

Hello all,

We recently installed Koha for our small library, and we don't have any
exposure to library sciences, we're just amateurs. We could install Koha
properly. But there is one error which is showing up at the end of
adding the item. I couldn't attach the csv file of our customized MARC
structure for the 40KB limit of mails.

screenshot of the error:

  Software error:

Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2881.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster at debmaker32
<mailto:webmaster at debmaker32>), giving this error message and the time
and date of the error.

Even if we use the default MARC structure, we still get the error.
Interestingly, the item gets added to the record. However, while
checking out the item against a patron, after giving the Barcode and
pressing ok, we hit the same error page again. Even while returning the
book once we click on return the book, the same error comes. We saw some
community pages where people encountered this kind of a problem. We
don't have any clue to fix this. Any inputs? Thanks in advance.

Swaprava