[Koha] Unable to save marc record

sheldon_tappin thecarterii at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 00:56:54 NZST 2011

Hi All,

     Recently we developed a problem whilst trying to enter bibliographic
records into koha.
All along, the data-entry process was going fine until we got a power
outage. The systems shutdown immediately. When the electricity was back on,
we attempted to enter bibliographic records into the  system but we
couldn't. Whenever we try save a record the following error message showed:

*Koha error*

The following fatal error has occurred:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue so that we can resume our
data-entry process. We are hoping to commence our online service soon, and
without the  following error fixed we cannot move forward.

Asst Systems Librarian