[Koha] Upgrading from Koha 2.2.x to Koha 3.0

Vimal Kumar vimal0212 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:03:44 NZST 2011

Dear Friends,

See the method I tried to upgrade Koha 2.2.x to Koha 3.x.

I extorted bibliographic details as CSV format from database using SQL
query trough PhpMyAdmin.
Then converted CSV file to MARC 21 using MarcEdit software.
I imported marc records in Koha 3.x version.

In the same way,  I exported patron details and imported in new koha
installation

But,  I missed old transaction details.

But I could retrieve most of the data using above mentioned way.

Here is the SQL script, after necessary changes you can make use this for
your purpose,

items.barcode,items.dateaccessioned,items.itemcallnumber,biblioitems.isbn,biblio.author,biblio.title,biblioitems.pages,biblioitems.publishercode,biblioitems.place,biblio.copyrightdate

FROM items
LEFT JOIN biblioitems ON
(items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber)
LEFT JOIN biblio ON (biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber)
ORDER BY items.barcode ASC

Regards,

--
Vimal Kumar V.