[Koha] Adding patron photos

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Aug 9 03:06:26 NZST 2011

> I have enabled patrons to add their own photos but I do not see WHERE the
> patron can add in their photos on the OPAC.

My understanding of the original intention of the patron images
feature was to give the librarian an additional (or quicker)
identity-check. This usage is reflected by the fact that the image is
only shown on the circulation pages, not anywhere in the OPAC. If I'm
correct about the intended use then having patrons add their own
images might not be desirable.

I would ask why you want the patrons to be able to add their own
images. Is it because you want that visual verification but you don't
want to take the pictures yourself? (I would like to be able to use
patron images but we don't have a way of acquiring the images for our
patrons).

Or is it because you want the patrons to be able to self-identify
themselves as they do on Facebook, Twitter, etc? If that's the case
then the best option is to turn on support for Libravatar
(https://www.libravatar.org/), the ShowReviewerPhoto preference. This
would give the patrons a way to personalize the one "social
interaction" option they have available in the OPAC, adding reviews.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries