[Koha] 3.4 install prev: Re: Hello to all!

Walker Blackwell forums at walkerblackwell.com
Thu Apr 28 05:33:59 NZST 2011

Related to questions about installing 3.4. I installed mine on a fresh Ubuntu 10.04 64bit server.

1. Started with a new VMware image of Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64bit with all security and other packages updated.

2. Installed Apache2, MYSQL5 and set up the mysql DBs.

3. Downloaded using Git and followed the instructions for a Ubuntu install. (including test DB, etc.)

4. Ran the install procedure and then used CPAN for all remaining uninstalled perl modules. No problems with the CPAN. Amazing!

5. Finished setting up the virtual domains in for apache/koha.

6. Rebooted, logged into the server from another computer (theipaddress:8080) and finished the setup.

7. Imported some marc records from my 3.2 export. (I might just dump mysql from my 3.2 db to my 3.4 db so I can retain item types. I don't know if this is possible.)

(If I dump all my mysql tables from my old db and import into the new one, will 3.4 recognize that it is an old db and update it? I wish their was an "export database" button in the staff client.)