[Koha] [Koha-devel] Koha print circulation slips

Archives and Collections Society info at AandC.org
Thu Apr 14 11:46:29 NZST 2011

At 10:40 AM 4/14/2011 +1200, Robin Sheat wrote:
[snip]
>You can set up Firefox to have multiple profiles, each with a different
>independent configuration. That sounds easier to maintain than multiple
>copies of portable firefox.
>
>Running it as 'firefox -ProfileManager' will bring up the window that
>lets you configure this (there's possibly a way to activate it from
>within the GUI, but I'm not sure.)

I have tried playing with this - so a couple of caveats:

a) don't mix different versions of Firefox (it is possible - I mixed 3.x
and 4.x) but all sorts of instability set in including IE becoming fixed
(as in concrete) as default browser, resolved (on a winXP machine) only by
a registry hack.

b) back up a working profile before playing with it ;=}

c) there is no interface from "within"; all instances of Firefox have to be
closed to access the ProfileManager.

Paul
Tired old sys-admin