[Koha] Koha 3.4.0 released

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Apr 25 21:50:00 NZST 2011

On 25 April 2011 21:20, ISM KIS <Ism at kis.in> wrote:
> I did upgrade our demo version 3.2.7 to 3.4.0
>
> Installation was ok but rebuild_zebra gave following error:
>
> perl rebuild_zebra.pl -a -r -b
>  problem with :23 : Cannot decode string with wide characters at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi/Encode.pm line 174.

And you followed all the instructions, including the script to remove
item information from the biblio records?

Usually this error means you have a corrupt record, with bad character
encoding. It is very unlikley this was introduced with the upgrade,
this is probably the first time you have done a full reindex in a
while.

Finding the corrupt record and fixing it is probably the only way forward.

Chris