[Koha] Koha 3.4 on Ubuntu

ajesh at maxenna.com ajesh at maxenna.com
Sun Apr 24 19:03:25 NZST 2011

Initially I added the following lines to ports.conf.

Listen 80
Listen 8080
NameVirtualHost*:80
NameVirtualHost*:8080

Then on executing the command
 >> sudo apache2ctl restart
Syntax error on line 10 of /etc/apache2/ports.conf:
Invalid command 'NameVirtualHost*:80', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
Action 'restart' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
Hence I commented out the NameVirtualHost lines
Now my ports.conf has the below lines

Listen 80
Listen 8080

But still not able to open the web page.

There are few additional things which I suspect might be the reason why I
am not able to open the web page properly,

1)
**********************
During the installation, after I install Ubuntu Packages from List, I
execute the command
 >> install_misc/ubuntu-pkg-check.sh | grep none
and see that the following is reported

libyaz3 = (none)
libyaz3-dev = (none)
But in Synaptic package manager I can see that libyaz4 is installed.
**********************

2)
**********************
Also on running
 >> sudo make install
I got the message
  Warning: prerequisite CGI::Session::Driver::memcached 0.04 not found.

So I executed the command
 >> sudo cpan CGI::Session::Driver::memcached
at that time(ie after  sudo make install)

  I believe I am close to getting Koha installed, but still few
doubts.

Also, I am following the installations steps mentioned at the below link.
Is this the right one for Koha3.4 also.
   http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu

 If there is an alternate link which I can try, please let me know the path.

Regards
Ajesh