[Koha] 3.2.x Roadmap Update

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sun Apr 17 03:34:19 NZST 2011

Hi all,

With the release of 3.2.7 and the eminent release of 3.4.0, I want to let
the community know what my plans are moving forward.

Due to the excellent work during the recent hack-fest sponsored by Biblibre,
there were a multitude of bugfixes which did not make it into 3.2.7. My
plans are to begin work on getting these backported into the 3.2.x branch
over the next week or so. Because there are such a large number, I will be
releasing 3.2.8 on May 15, 2011. I had originally intended to go to a
bi-monthly release schedule for 3.2.x after the release of 3.2.0. This will
still be the case, but will be delayed until the release of 3.2.8.
Subsequent 3.2.x releases will take place on the 15th of the month with
3.4.x releases taking place on the 22nd of the month.

***Translators please take especial note of the above dates.***

As long as there are commits to backport to 3.2.x, I will release on a
bi-monthly schedule. If there are no commits during a two month period, no
release will be made.

If you have template related bugfixes you want included in 3.2.x, it will be
your responsibility to ensure that they apply correctly to the current 3.2.x
branch. With the switch to TT in master, backporting template commits will
be nigh impossible. Of course any related underlying logic changes should be
applicable to the current 3.2.x branch as well.

After the 3.2.10 release, I will add an agenda item for the next monthly IRC
to discuss EOL of the 3.2.x branch. The results of that discussion will
determine the direction of 3.2.x from that point forward.

I plan to handle 3.4.x maintenance in the same fashion as I have handled
3.2.x. If anyone has any suggestions for improvement, please speak up! I'm
very open to suggestions, critiques, etc.

Thanks to everyone for the hard work being put into Koha lately. Things have
moved along at a fantastic rate! Keep up the good work.

Kind Regards,
Chris Nighswonger
Koha 3.2.x/3.4.x Release Maintainer