[Koha] Field missing from MARC template

bradamant emily.morton.owens at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 05:37:21 NZST 2011

Our cataloger has encountered a problem in Koha (3.0200004) where a field
appears in the MARC Bibliographic Framework but does not appear when adding
new biblios or editing existing biblios. However, it does appear if you
import a new record that happens to contain it.

Here's what the cataloger is seeing:
-	You need to update a bib record to include a field we didn’t previously
use on that record. (Your example is a 785 field to record a succeeding
entry for a journal that changed title, right?)
-	Our template appears to contain this field (here:
/koha/admin/marctagstructure.pl). The template also passes the MARC
framework test (/koha/admin/checkmarc.pl). But when you view the record of a
specific/actual item, the field doesn’t appear.
-	However, you can import a new bib record that has a 785 and that info will
appear correctly and you could edit it (if for some reason you needed to).
-	You could solve the problem (of this specific journal changing its title)
by importing a new bib record for the item that already has a 785 field, but
then you’d have to reattach all the existing items to the new bib record
which doesn’t make sense and would take a long time.

Does anyone have insight into what could be going on here? It seems like
something is out of sync. Thanks.

Emily