[Koha] Software error: Can't find method "fields"

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Apr 15 07:45:32 NZST 2011

On 15 Apr 2011 07:36, "Amy Schuler" <schulera at caryinstitute.org> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Thanks for this extremely helpful information, not just the link to the
patch (which worked, more on that in a moment) but also for all of the
additional explanation about versioning.  I hope everyone who relies on
someone else to maintain their installation takes this as a good motivator
for learning more about their Koha installation (and database management in
general). As you may have guessed, I had not realized we were running the
unstable version... irresponsible of me, but I am learning.

> So like I said, the patch fixed that original error message but then I got
this new one, here:
> "Template process failed: file error - parse error -
/home/koha/kohaclone/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/catalogue/
results.tt line 324: unexpected token (END)
>  [% END %] at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Templates.pm line 119."
>
> We upgraded to 3.03.00.052 and now everything seems to be working
smoothly.

Hi Amy

Glad to hear you are up and running again, I will be pushing more patches up
over the next 10 days or so, catching any glitches before release, I would
encourage you to keep an eye on the commit log at
http://git.koha-community.org and get an upgrade run if there are commits
showing up that fix template issues.

The beauty of Koha is we develop in the open, nothing is hidden so you can
see what is going on at any time. I commend you on learning more about the
process and getting involved. Koha grows through its strong and vibrant
community, and the best users are the ones who invest the time in asking
questions.

Naku Noa
Na Chris