[Koha] Some Odd terminology

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Apr 12 22:49:36 NZST 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Colin Campbell
<colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:
> I opened a bug (6148) re the odd terms 'Heading Ascendant' and 'Heading
> Descendent' offered to users in opac, the bug suggests replacing the
> terms with more natural language. Please chime in if you have better
> suggestions.
>
> Another bit of strange language that is hallowed by koha time but tends
> to surprise users when they encounter it is 'Edit as Duplicate' why not
> the usual 'Copy' any thoughts?

I prefer 'Duplicate' - copy, in the electronic environment makes me
think of 'copy and paste'.  But what you're really doing is creating a
duplicate (the whole thing) for editing, rather than copying a part of
something.
Probably a mental holdover from our old database where it was control
d for duplicate.
--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler