[Koha] General #koha IRC meeting times

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sat Apr 9 00:15:52 NZST 2011

At 12:27 AM 4/8/2011 +0000, Thomas Dukleth wrote:
[snip to avoid bandwidth]
>We have monthly general meetings on the #koha IRC channel which are open
>to everyone. [snip] More participation in Koha would be good even if
>meetings might became a
>little longer or require some additional time management for meetings as a
>consequence of more participation.
[snip]
>UTC -8 - Time Zone U - British Columbia, Canada; California, Oregon, and
>UTC -3 - Washington, USA -

I might well be tempted to lurk (and maybe even participate when I get used
to the format), but I'm a little confused. I'm located in the same zone as
Washington DC (Eastern Standard Time, which is UTC -5; UTC -4 for DST), and
you appear to give the time of day for the meeting as "Alternating between
UTC 5, 10, and 19 with occasional adjustment for seasonal changes" which
would give (for me) midnight, 5am and 2pm thus putting two of three into
your least effective time frame.

Your analysis was based on "general population" as far as I can see (and
UTC - 5 is fairly well populated - the whole of the USA Eastern seaboard,
two thirds of the Canadian population and large chunks of S.A.) - but do
you have geographic distribution numbers for Koha users (current and
potential), developers, etc?

Thanks and best regards,

Paul
Tired old sys-admin