[Koha] Installing koha via packages

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Thu Apr 7 11:02:30 NZST 2011

On 07/04/2011, at 06:41 , Robin Sheat wrote:

> hansbkk at gmail.com schreef op wo 06-04-2011 om 22:21 [+0700]:
>> It's a Debian package, but AFAIK it should work fine with Ubuntu, and
>
> You might find that there are some dependencies that aren't in Ubuntu,
> although I haven't tested it. If this is the case, you can probably just
> steal them from Debian anyway.

there are instructions on the wiki for 10.04.
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Lucid_using_Koha_packages

The bit will that will change is the dependencies section. When the 10.04 document was written, everything that was needed was packaged, but needed to be fetched manually. I'd expect that there might be a few less things to fetch.

To check, get to the end of Sources, and then try install. Whatever else is left, just gather up from your local ubuntu mirror using wget then install.
For some dependencies there are a couple of layers of depends to work back through, hence the note about "must be done in this order".

Once you're done, please write it up and add it to the wiki.

-ramon.