[Koha] barcode symbology

sheldon_tappin thecarterii at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:18:15 NZST 2011

Hi All,

   I have a little issue. I've noticed that the barcode symbologies that
Koha supports, don't have lowercase characters defined. The problem is, I
have lower case characters in by barcode field in the items table, and we
want to generate barcode labels using Koha. Now my question is: is there any
good solution as to how I can correct this problem. Also, can koha at all
offer a barcode symbology that supports all ASCII characters.

Before I end, concerning my lowercase barcode issue, my plan to correct this
problem is to grab the barcodes from the items table, convert all characters
to uppercase characters then insert them back into the items table. Please
tell me if this a safe option,  if not please recommend what I can do to
better our situation.

Sheldon