[Koha] Koha: staff client searching by card number

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 7 07:58:18 NZST 2011

Hi,

On Apr 6, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Owen Leonard wrote:
> Are you talking about circulation? If by "swiping" you mean
> "scanning," then of course that should work. That's what we do every
> day. In circulation I don't find that entering "643" pulls up "1643"
> at all.

Two different searches are being discussed:

[1] 'search patrons' - uses a "like" on the patron barcode, so a search of "123" will pull up barcode 123, 6123, 12345, etc.  This applies whether the barcode was type or scanned.
[2] 'check out' - uses an exact barcode search.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton