[Koha] manual.koha-community.org

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed Apr 6 09:48:06 NZST 2011

Sounds great to me.  I find it very frustrating that it isn't searchable.
 Sounds like a good solution.  Maybe you could provide some admin
credentials to someone else in the community to help maintain it just so it
isn't a 100% ByWater affair.  Just a thought.

Lori

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the complaints about the Koha manual is that it's not
> searchable. This was because we (aka Liz) went out of her way to  make
> the manual work in the WordPress template we were using (which we all
> appreciate very very very much).  After months of trying to figure how
> to make the manual searchable, we came to the conclusion that it would
> have to be pulled out of the WP site and put on it's own plain old
> HTML page.  So, ByWater has set up such a site that pulls the manual
> from git nightly and updates it - once we get that site finalized we
> can investigate search options.  I'm writing to ask the community for
> permission to have manual.koha-community.org point to ByWater's
> servers to host up the manual for all to see.  We can keep the page on
> the WordPress site that lists the manuals and I'll just update the
> links to point to the right place.
>
> If this is okay with whomever needs to make such a decision (all of
> you and those who hold the domain) please let us know and we'll get
> the necessary info to the person in charge of managing DNS.
>
> Thanks
> Nicole C. Engard
> Koha Documentation Manager
> ByWater Solutions

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling