[Koha] Multiple bulk imports

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Sep 29 05:51:30 NZDT 2010

  Hi Elaine,

You will need a field to match on.  If ISBN does not work for you then
some sort of control number should do.  I often use a control number in
the 001 and set up a matching rule on that field.
If you have no match field it becomes a manual job and others might have
a better idea how to merge two bib records while keeping items from both
records along with any other associated loan data etc...

Remember that the biblio matching uses the zebra search indexes so the
first batch must be loaded and indexed before loading the second batch.

Also (I recall someone had this issue) if you have a batch which itself
has duplicates by (say) ISBN and you try to load it on an empty
database, and you want it to de-duplicate the bibs and add the items,
that won't work.  This is because the matching looks in the zebra
indexes which are not built at that point.  There are ways to overcome
this (extract a unique list of ISBNs from the data and make minimal bib
records with just ISBN, build zebra indexes then load the real data
matching on ISBN).

Hope that makes sense...

Ian

--